The 71st Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023 titled “New Horizons of (Cyber) Psychology” is closing in. We would like to inform you that the deadline for submitting works has been extended until April 30th, 2023. After the review, the author(s) will be informed on the status of the application. We kindly ask you to take into consideration the application requirements available in the application form at: https://www.dps.org.rs/kongres/prijava/ (for applications in English, please see the important note at the bottom of the aforementioned webpage).
Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023 will be held from May 24th till May 27th 2023 in Palić, at the Student resort “Palić”. We advise you to timely make accommodation reservations (https://www.dps.org.rs/kongres/mesto-i-vreme/ ) since the Congress is held during the tourist season. Also, you can find information on the amount and method of paying the registration fee on the web page: https://www.dps.org.rs/kongres/kotizacija/.
This year, as usual, we will host keynote speakers from various disciplines. List of keynote speakers is made of exceptional authors whose lectures have rather interesting titles:
- Vladan Starčević is full professor of psychiatry at the University of Sydney. Areas of his research and professional interests include various modes of psychopathology as well as integration of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. He is one of the pioneering researchers who deal with the theoretical definition of problems that arise within interactions with digital technologies. Within his domain, he made a distinctive contribution to better understanding of problematic gaming and cyberchondria. Title of his keynote lecture is: What do we know about addictive behaviours in cyberspace?
- Dobrinka Kuzmanović is assistant professor at the Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade. Her research domain includes digital literacy of students and teachers, secure behavior of youth on the internet, traditional and digital peer violence, assessment of students’ academic achievement and learning quality, learning and assessment in digital environments etc. At the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023 she will give a lecture titled: Digital education – from “panacea” to “apocalypse”.
- Nebojša Majstorović is associate professor at the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad. His research interests include effects of unemployment on well-being and health, as well as factors of successful employment, consumer behavior and management in tourism, and also themes within work ethics. At the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023, professor Majstorović will give a lecture titled: New perspective on the analysis of work relationships and their importance for productivity and well-being.
- ● Stefan Mol is assistant professor in Organizational Behavior and Research Methods at the Amsterdam Business School of the University of Amsterdam and co-founder and chair of the Scilink foundation. His research interests are related to topics such as career shocks, refugee integration, learning analytics, text mining, recommendation of open educational resources, person-environment fit, and researcher mental health. He is involved in a number of EU funded projects focused on optimizing the match between individual education and the labor market and researcher mental health. His plenary lecture is titled: The Criterion Problem: Re-engaging with the Challenge and Finding Solutions.
- Jelisaveta Rolović is a clinical psychologist, marriage and family psychotherapist with thirty years of private practice in New York. She was trained at the Ackerman Institute for the Family, where she worked оn projects concerned with physical and sexual abuse of children and depression within a partner relationship. She taught at the New York School of Medicine, as well as at Columbia University. She is a supervisor for marriage and family psychotherapy, accredited by the American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA). Title of her keynote lecture is: What remains unsaid behind the trauma of sexual abuse: A deeper look at our (un)willingness to address this issue.
In addition to aforementioned keynote lectures, there are numerous activities and forms of participation in the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023, including: symposia, round table, panel discussion, oral presentation, poster presentation, workshop, seminar, book presentation or Psychological Society of Serbia’s section/affiliation meeting.
In particular, we would like to mention that the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023 is accredited by the Chamber of Social Protection as well as by the Institute for Improvement of Education.
All further details regarding the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023, as well as information regarding the participants’ application, will be available at www.dps.org.rs/kongres, and also Facebook and Instagram pages of the Congress and its Scientific Committee.
We are looking forward to this new meeting and are expecting you at the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023, so we can together continue to improve and promote psychology – “the science of us.”
Scientific Committee of the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2023