PSYCHOLOGY BETWEEN PROFESSION AND SCIENCE
The annual 70th Congress of Psychologists of Serbia named Psychology between Profession and Science is near. Preparations for its holding are entering the final phase, and we are pleased to inform you that applications for the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia are open. Applications for your oral presentations, symposia, round tables and other activities at the Congress last until March 25, 2022. After the review, each author will be informed about the status of their application. Please match your applications with the requirements on the electronic application form, which can be found at the link that is now open https://dps.org.rs/kongres/prijava-rada.
The Congress of Psychologists of Serbia will be held from May 25 to 28, 2022 in Vrnjačka Banja at the Fontana Hotel (https://fontanavrnjackabanja.com/). Please book your accommodation on time, as the full tourist season is in progress at the time of our Congress. We also refer you to the possibility of paying the early registration fee at a discounted price and to the discounts provided for members of the Association of Psychologists of Serbia https://dps.org.rs/kongres/kotizacija.
This year, we have provided plenary lecturers from various fields who will help us answer the dilemmas we ask ourselves, so that’s why our plenary list consists of exceptional authors and very interesting topics:
- Mihael Antolović historian, associate professor at the Faculty of Pedagogy in Sombor, University of Novi Sad. The topic he will present at the Congress is „Nazi biopolitics and the creation of a “superman“ – a contribution from the history of the abuse of science in the 20th century“;
- Merim Bilalić Full Professor (Cognitive Psychology) at Northumbria University in Newcastle, England. The topic he will present at the Congress is „(Neuro)science of expertise“;
- Eva Boštjančič is a full professor of the psychology of work and organization at the Psychology Department of the Faculty of Arts in Ljubljana. Title of talk: “A bridge between science and practice – the role of an organizational psychologist”;
- Ivana B. Petrović is a professor of psychology of work and organizations at the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade. In her work, she advocates the approach of scientist – practitioner – humanist. Topic of the plenary lecture: „Years of life: stereotypes, prejudices and discrimination“;
- Professor Stella Chan is currently the Charlie Waller Chair in Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment at the University of Reading. Title of Talk: “Improving Young People’s Mental Health: From Basic Science to Co-Production Projects Linking Research, Public Engagement and Clinical Services”;
- Mojca Jurišević is a full professor at the Faculty of Education, University of Ljubljana, on subjects in the field of pedagogical psychology. Her main research interests are related to motivation for learning, professional development of teachers, giftedness and education of the gifted;
- Dragan Popadić, full professor in the field of social psychology at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade. The topic he will present at the Congress is: „Meetings of the Association of Psychologists of Serbia – the first seventy years“.
In addition to the above plenary contents, there are numerous opportunities and forms of participation in the Congress in 2022 (symposium, round table, oral presentation, poster presentation, workshop, seminar, book presentation or meeting of APS sections).
We would especially like to mention that this time as well, the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia has applied for accreditation in the Chamber of Social Protection and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development.
For all further details of the Congress, as well as informations related to the applications of participants, please follow the page www.dps.org.rs/kongres and our FB pages of the Congress of Psychologists of Serbia and the Program Committee.
We are looking forward to our meeting and we are expecting you at the 70th Congress of Psychologists of Serbia, because only by joint reflection on our professional reality and exchange of ideas and experiences can we protect and promote the interests of our profession, which is exposed to increasing challenges.
Program Committee of the 70th Congress of Psychologists of Serbia 2022